My tasty, super easy 30 minute mid-week dinner. You won't believe that you can have a healthy, lean-protein meal so quickly!
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch of bok choy
- 1 slice of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp salt
- Fok Chow Hainanese or Mild Hainanese Sauce
- Optional - slices of fresh chilli to garnish
- Place the chicken breasts in a saucepan and pour in just enough cold water to cover them.
- Tie each spring onion in a knot and add to the saucepan along with the ginger, garlic and salt.
- Bring the saucepan to a simmer then reduce temperature to very low. The water should only be moving very slightly on the surface with no bubbles forming. Poach for 18 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the liquid, cover them loosely with aluminium foil and allow them to rest.
- Separate the bok choy leaves and add them to the liquid and blanch until bright green but still crunchy.
- Slice the chicken breasts diagonally then arrange it on the plate next to the bok choy.
- Spoon a generous amount of Fok Chow Hainanese or Mild Hainanese Sauce onto the chicken and allow it to infuse for a few moments. Garnish with slices of fresh chilli.
- Enjoy with steamed rice!